Kitty Decapitate Bio:
Started playing derby with the London Rollergirls in November 2006
- Captain, Skater and Coach of LRG WFTDA Team, London Brawling
- Skater and coaching committee with the England women's squad
- Started Coaching LRG and around the UK in 2007
- Moved to Melbourne, Australia in July 2009 and joined the Victorian Roller Derby League
- Captain of the VRDL All Stars 2011/2012--Two-times winner of National Champs and first WFTDA ranked team in Oz
- Coach with VRDL, and freelance coach throughout Australia
- Moved back to London in September 2012
- Re-Joined London Rollergirls
- Freelance coach
- Bench Coach and Coach with Southern Discomfort Roller Derby (Men's Team)
- Was born in Wellington, New Zealand
- Started skating with Richter City (Wellington, New Zealand) in 2009
- Skates for London Brawling and England national squad
- Has been running Aoteroller Derby Gear in New Zealand since 2010
- Moved to London in 2011 with plans to move to Berlin, but loved LRG too much to leave
- Is cool
The Double Threat Skates Story:
Once upon a time there was a skater called Kitty Decapitate. She moved back to London after 3 years in Australia. Unsure of career aspirations, she had given herself 6 months to decide what she really wanted to do.
The idea of starting a skate shop floated around in her mind.
Introducing...Goregasm Ladyburger AKA Gaz.
Gaz has owned a really successful online business, Aotearoller Derby Gear, in New Zealand for 2.5 years. Kitty had been seeking her advice about opening a store and running ideas past her.
After meeting up in a gross greasy spoon cafe one cold Winter's morning, turns out that Gaz wasn't keen to continue her gardening job in the cold climes of Britain, and so the crazy idea of joining forces started to fall into place.
And 2 months later they opened their store!
Even though they barely knew eachother, through a LOT of coffee drinking and with the help of their amazing league-mates the project just seemed to work out serendipitously at every turn.
And they both skated happily ever after!
We have some equally excellent staff that are here to help you and have just as much cool experience in roller derby as we do.
Ballistic Whistle AKA Balls: Along with Kitty, London Rollergirls' oldest rollergirl and London Brawling bench coach, Southern Discomfort Roller Derby jerk. He knows stuff about skating and stuff.
Trisha Smackinawa: London Brawling superstar jammer, resident sports science geek and personal trainer.
Giggity/Chris: Southern Discomfort dude and mens' England squad.
Dee: London Rollergirls' favourite french lady. She also skates a mean bowl trick or two.
Hester: London Rollergirls' hero.